Sunday, January 5, 2014

Baby It's Cold Outside

Hey all! Last night here in the Midwest, we were blanketed with about 6 inches of snow.  It looks simply beautiful from our living room window with the trees and tractors snow covered.  That being said, our temperatures are supposed to drop down in the negative digits tonight, with the wind chill being nearly -20.  I am so thankful to be sitting in a warm house with a full belly, watching television with the family.

My farmer guy and I took a few minutes to go check on some of our new calves that have been born during this cold snap.  With all of the snow on the ground and the freezing temps, we like to check on them a few times a day. On our way to check in on the fur babies, we noticed a car slid off the road into the ditch.  We stopped to see if they needed help.  It was two teen boys just sitting waiting for help. My farmer guy grabbed a chain from the back of the truck and pulled them out.  While all this was going on, I couldn't help but think about how cold they must have been sitting in their car in the ditch.  They weren't wearing coats and their car wouldn't stay running because of all the snow they were in.  If they were freezing sitting in a cold car for an hour, how cold must those who are homeless on nights like tonight be? It made my heart ache for those who aren't able to get warm tonight. I hope that those goodie bags my sister and I made and provided for Christmas are at least keeping some hands warm tonight. I just wish everyone could be blessed with enough warmth to make it through this cold.

I hope to be getting back into some sort of routine now that the kids are headed back to school after a two week holiday break. I plan on bellying up to the kitchen table tomorrow and crafting away.  I will make sure to post pictures of my project as soon as I am finished.

I hope that wherever you are tonight, you are warm!

Love, Hugs & Blessings!
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment