Sunday, January 12, 2014

Rough Week

Hey all! It's been a while since I last posted.  2014 has had a rocky start for us so far. The weather here in the Midwest has extended my kid's Christmas break and extra week.  Three weeks of them home has definitely got things around our place a little hectic.  They are restless and I am ready to get things back on schedule.  The snow has also kept my farmer guy from his full time concrete job.  Almost five weeks off work makes things tough.  And to top it all off, my farmer guy and I spent the last week up at the hospital with our little guy.  He became horribly sick last week and spent five days in the hospital, with three of those being in ICU.  I am more than happy to say that he is feeling much better and we are all back home! God has been good to us!  I am very grateful for everyone who sent us well wishes and helped us out with our two girls so we were able to be at the hospital the entire time.  We have amazing friends and family!  We are blessed beyond what we deserve.

With that being said, now that I am home and things are semi back to normal, I will be working my fanny off on a very special project.  (believe me, my fanny needs to be worked off)  My oldest daughter will be turning 16 on February 6. (omg, that makes me feel so old!)  I am planning a surprise party for her and will be making decorations.  We haven't had a birthday party around our place since the kids were much smaller.

Since this is her 16th birthday, I am planning a "sweet" theme party, complete with cupcakes and candy galore!  I started making some cute cupcake toppers this afternoon.  I will also be making a fun banner to hang, party favors for our guests and some candy jars full of goodies! I will start posting pictures tomorrow when my kids finally go back to school and I can work on things without having to worry about wandering eyes!

Love, Hugs & Blessing!
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment