Monday, December 16, 2013

Crazy Week and a Half

Hey all! This past week and a half have been super crazy around my place.  We were forecasted to get a few inches of snow and when all was said and done we ended up with about a foot.  Yikes, winter came early for us!  With the nasty weather it meant the kids were out of school for 4 days, my farmer guy couldn't work his 9-5 doing concrete, and all of our cows decided to have their babies. Oh my! Cow babies in snow is no fun. There was a fun plus during this nasty week. Me and my farmer guy celebrated our 15 year wedding anniversary!

Anywho, the weather is warmer today which means that the snow is melting (which looks so yucky), my 2 girls are back to school (which means my house is quiet), and my farmer guy is back to his 9-5 (which means a paycheck, finally).

I mentioned the last time that I posted that I had been working on some Christmas treats.  I am going to post them now.  Remember, I live in the middle of the woods and I don't have a lighting situation worked out yet, so my pictures are not very good.  I hope that Santa will be bringing a remedy for this situation for Christmas.  Having said that, here are my projects:

These are some super cute little treats that I put together for my daughter's cheer leading squad.  I made a few look more rustic and the others with a bright/colorful paper.  Unfortunately, the poor quality of the pictures just doesn't do them justice.  For these treats I used the following My Creative Time products: Bubblegum Treat Box die, Scalloped Stitched Rosette dies (small), All Around Holidays, and Chunky Jar Accessories for the cute little tags and stamp.  I put 3 little candy nuggets inside and tied them up with some natural colored raffia.
 



The next project is a secret Santa gift.  I made a cute little milk carton out of kraft paper, filled it full of candy cups, tied it with some beautiful black and white May Art ribbon that I got from Really Reasonable Ribbon, and made the tag with My Creative Time Just Tags die, Stitched Fun Tickets die, and Holiday Tickets stamps.  I love the simple and elegant look.


This treat was for one of my nieces who turned 6.  I used the My Creative Time Treat Slider Box, Celebrate Good Times dies and stamps, and Fancy Frame Stamp & die set.  I used some cute sparkly paper that had donuts and ice cream cones on it.  Filled the slider with wrapped candy nuggets, and tied a natural color twine bow on top. (i slid a $10 bill under the candy for her present)

My super fabulous sister in law needed cards for her co-workers.  I put these together for her.  Again, I really love the simple and elegant look of kraft paper paired with patterned paper.  Each of the cards has an adorable envelope made using My Creative Time Scalloped and Stitched Envelope die, tickets made with the Stitched Fun Ticket die, and stamps from Holiday Tickets.  Each of the cards is a little different.  Different color twine, tickets, etc.  I totally forgot to take a picture of the absolutely precious little post cards that I made and stuffed in the little envies.  I just might recreate one to post later because they turned out so stinkin cute.


Love, Hugs & Blessings!
Amy
 

No comments:

Post a Comment