Friday, December 27, 2013

The Holidays are Over

Hey all! Christmas has come and gone. Oh how I love celebrating the birth of our Lord and Savior! I just love reading the story of the birth of Jesus. It brings tears to my eyes each and every time I read it, and this was my first year sharing the story with my little guy.  We had family celebrations that stretches on for days (4 to be exact), eating so much that it will take a good 6 months to fit back in to my jeans (who am I kidding, I am now committed to only elastic waistlines), watching my children's eyes light up with excitement (it was my little guys very first Christmas), hearing the laughter and chit chatter as we all gather together, etc. What a truly splendid time it has been.  While I am glad the hustle and bustle of the holidays has finally slowed, I am reminded in my heart that Jesus is to be celebrated each and every day of the year, not just December 25.  Oh, our God is so good!

As I try and wrap up 2013 and get prepared for the new year, I wanted to pop in for just a second and share a few of the things that I created in the last week.  First up is a few treat bags that I created using the treat topper die, Reindeer Poop stamp and Rudolph Noses stamps from Jaded Blossom, the first reindeer is from Treasure Box Designs and the second is one I got from the Silhouette store. I think they are super sweet.  Each of my nieces received the noses (cherry sours) and each nephew received poop (whoppers).  They were a huge hit!



This was my first attempt at subway art; a gift for my niece Haley.  Although I wasn't completely happy with how it turned out, I sure did learn lots.  I have a few pointers now that I can use on my next attempt.  As you can see, I used a few of My Creative Time dies to create the fun shapes.   Not too bad for my first go at it.


And finally, here is a sample of how I gave pictures to all of my family members.  You will learn, that I am such a kraft paper junkie.  I made cute candy cane tags like Mrs. Emma from My Creative Time made.  I think they turned out just absolutely adorable and totally dressed up the envelopes.
These are just a few of the super fun projects that I made this 2013 holiday season.  I was super happy with how they all turned out. Each of the projects, with the exception of the subway art, was made in at least quantities of 20 each. 

I have set new goals for 2014. I will be blogging a minimum of 3 times per week and really cranking out more projects to share with everyone. I am excited beyond words to get busy!

Many blessings to each and everyone out there as they finish up the rest of this year! May God continue to bless us all as we begin a new year!

Love, Hugs & Blessings
Amy

1 comment: